Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Angry Police Chief Night




This could easily be Cop Night or LA Cop Night or 80's LA Cop Night or Endangered Child Helped by 80's LA Cop Night but I like the cliché of the angry police chief. Remember this in So I Married An Axe Murderer:

Tony Giardino: I'm having doubts about being a cop. You know, it's not like how it is on TV... And that's the other thing. You're too nice.
Police Chief: I'm too nice?
Tony Giardino: Yeah, you're too nice. Why can't you be like the Captain on "Starsky and Hutch"? You know, when you come in, and you haul me into your office, and you bawl me out because you're sick and tired of defending my screwball antics to the Commissioner? Why cant you do that?
Police Chief: Well, the truth of the matter is, I don't report to a Commissioner. I report to a committee. Some of whom are appointed, some elected, and the rest co-opted on a bi-annual basis. It's a quorum, so to speak.
Tony Giardino: A quorum?
Police Chief: Yeah.


That was funny. I wish it was on YouTube. But all they have is



Hollywood Cop director Amir Shervan is a mysterious figure. The most information I can find is in this brief blog post. It's worth a look if only for the first picture, which the guy bought off Ebay, and the intriguing comment by "Buck Striker".

Hollywood Cop is Cameron Mitchell movie number 8.



The last time we saw a Cameron Mitchell movie, Kill Squad, it was during Vigilante Night when we watched another Charles Bronson Movie, Death Wish 3. Cameron Mitchell movies go with Charles Bronson movies like chateaubriand and, say, Cabernet Sauvignon.

Bronson's Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects is directed by the guy who made Happy Birthday to Me, The Guns of Naverone and Cape Fear. It's a pretty sleazy film with plot key words like Frotteurism and Ephebophilia that you don't want in your search history.

Here's what happened two weeks ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment