Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Movie Night




So Halloween. I didn't ask anybody to wear costumes this year because, honestly, I don't have one myself right now. I figure I have to incorporate the beard somehow. Marissa wasn't into "werewolf in mid-transformation".



You can still wear one if you like. To join you I'll make a "nudist on strike" sign or something lame like that. I always thought a funny variation would be the nudist scab, which would just be a naked person. Because genitals are funny!

Or how about the killer from Long Island Cannibal Massacre. Remember? It was a guy with a pillowcase over his head and welding goggles:



I have those things. Trouble is it might make the movies hard to see.

Oh yeah, the movies. I don't mean to downplay them. They're great! FleshEater has the perfect bad zombie movie logic. When the people see ONE zombie they go and start boarding themselves into a farmhouse like they've already seen a zombie movie. The only people that know the genre of movie they're currently in are some post-modern Kevin Williamson bullshit teenagers.

And An American Werewolf in London is maybe in my top five horror movies ever. It was part of the Great Werewolf Movie Wars of 1981 along with The Howling and Wolfen. It was the clear winner. It's somehow the second movie we've seen starring David Naughton, the first being Midnight Madness, who first gained fame for this:



All that's left is Hot Dog...The Movie:



An American Werewolf in London
is nothing is like this poster:



Which makes it look like Hot Dog...The Movie or some crap.

Hey, that last post was our 200th post! That's-- Is that anything?

Here's what happened last week:

4 comments:

  1. I wish I were coming to Halloween Movie night! I would totally wear a costume! Are you putting the baby in a costume? Maybe he can be a nudist. Or the small version of a giant baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would you be? I'm leaning towards caveman. They were hairy. Levi would be a good nudist if it didn't mean him shitting and pissing over everything. Right now he's the big version of a small baby.

    Actually, Levi is the only one right now guaranteed to be in costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I like the idea of dressing as a character from a movie you've watched. I haven't seen as many, which makes it harder. Maybe I could be Lady Terminator?
    I don't know what to tell you about the beard. you could be Conan after he got fired? or another famous guy with a beard? like Darwin? or Howard Hughes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady Terminator would be awesome. "I'm not a lady, I'm an anthropologist!"

    Fired Conan would have been good. I don't know if I could make my hair do that. And Howard Hughes! I missed my chance to wear tissue boxes on my feet while carrying around a jar of urine.

    ReplyDelete