Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Terry O'Quinn Father Roles Movie Night




I had to move the Father's Day theme up one week because I need tips now. Terry O'Quinn (Locke on Lost) is going to show me the way in two movies where he plays the part of the patriarch.



Pin is out-of-print so we're trying a Bad Movie Night first, streaming it on Netflix. I guess O'Quinn got this movie after the makers saw him in another Canadian movie, The Stepfather, a year previous. So since I like complicated themes, let's say this is Terry-O'Quinn-late-80's-Canadian-movies-where-he-plays-the-father night. Anyway, Pin is weird and I think the less said about it the better. I will say it has a The Pit-like "Is this really happening?" kind of thing.

The Stepfather just had a remake, um, remade of it that Rotten Tomatoes gives an 11% freshness rating. That's Marmaduke levels. See the 88% original instead. Plus the original stars the husky-voiced Jill Schoelen. We saw her previously in Popcorn and Cutting Class.

Hmm, we've been watching movies that are too good lately. Expect them to get worse soon!

Here's what happened last week:

3 comments:

  1. I just started watching Lost. Don't tell me what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you what happens, it starts to be not very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaghhh! I said don't tell me!
    Actually, I already knew that.

    ReplyDelete