Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Similarly Named Chinese Movie Night




If there's ever a week where I'll get that question, "Which movie is this one?" it's this one. So study it right now. The first movie is called Invincible Super Chan, the second one The Super Inframan. Now, you're going to want to call that second one Super Infrared Man but if you do you'll look like a fool. He's an inframan, not some guy who can see electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength between 0.7 and 300 micrometres. What kind of stupid power is that? Ooo, I can see at night and determine the temperature of objects. Wait, that is handy.

I always feel the need to mention when a movie is out-of-print. You can only see Invincible Super Chan this Friday unless YOU have the $1.60 someone is selling it for on Amazon. There's a rumor that this movie was banned in 34 countries. I don't see why that would be. I bet the average movie is banned in 34 countries. I hear Malta once banned a movie just for snoring too loud.

The Super Inframan is another Shaw Brothers movie, the only other we've seen being The Boxer's Omen. Remember how crazy that movie was? No you don't! I was the only one there for that movie and I fell asleep. The Super Inframan is the only movie Roger Ebert changed a rating on; bumping it up from 2.5 to 3 stars 22 years later. He said it's his favorite Hong Kong monster movie and "I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that film."


Here's what happened last week:

2 comments:

  1. Do you still send out emails for BMN? I like this format so much better, although it would be even better if I actually lived in Madison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah; there are still e-mails but I try to make them different: But sometimes there's only so much to say about; say; The Incredible Melting Man:

    ReplyDelete