Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wilderness Movie Night




Why are there so many horror movies that take place in the forest? I think it’s because you don’t need a shooting permit out there. Or at least there’s no one to ask you for one. Well, here are two movies that saved a lot on set decorating.

I look at Cry Wilderness as a BMN original. I discovered this movie while looking for James "Lady Street Fighter" Bryan films on Netflix. Cry Wilderness happens to have an actor by the same name. When I saw it was a boy meets Bigfoot (think E.T.) movie I had to get it. It's so unsung there are no YouTube videos of it, a rarity. It pre-dates the other family friendly bigfoot movie Harry and the Hendersons by four months. It also marks our first non-Demon-in-the-title bigfoot movie. Best of all the director made one of the segments in Night Train of Terror, a movie I regret making a bonus third film at BMN because in retrospect it deserved better. It's amazing!



Hey, the whole thing is on YouTube not chopped up into 10 minute bits.

Just Before Dawn stars Jack Lemmon's son Chris who you remember from the Knight Rider-but-with-a-boat show Thunder in Paradise:



(Geez, maybe it's good there aren't extended opening credit sequences on TV anymore.)

but I remember from the sitcom Duet:



Hmm, why was I watching this when I was 12?

It also stars Gregg Henry, who we already saw as the mayor in Slither and has been in five Brian De Palma movies but may forever be Logan's dad on Gilmore Girls.

And then there's George Kennedy. It's going to be the third time we see Kennedy, after Uninvited and Demonwarp. He plays that horror movie staple; the old guy that warns the kids not to go forward. The kids always go forward.

If you need any more reason to see this movie, it's from the director of Squirm.



That's the only Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie that I had seen previously. Wouldn't a Squirm/Slugs movie night be awesome?

If you need an excuse to stay away, it's from the director of Neverending Story III.

I only need one picture for the Here's What Happened Last Week:



Super Inframan also inspired me to make this:



This was just for fun:



Alright, if you really need a video, somebody made a highlight reel of every crazy/funny thing that happened in Invincible Super Chan:



Except for my favorite part where two guys go into fake slow motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment