Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bad Movie Night - Memorial Day Edition




I've been keeping track of how many Clu Gulager movies we've watched, he's only been in two. And we just watched our fifth Linnea Quigley movie this week. But Cameron Mitchell:

totally snuck up on me. We'll be watching the fifth movie starring him on Sunday. He played the dad in Deadly Prey, the doctor in Jack-O, the captain in Raw Force and the Lieutenant in Night Train to Terror. Those were great movies, Cameron Mitchell is awesome. I can only assume he plays someone patriarchal in Memorial Valley Massacre. And we haven't even watched Space Mutiny yet:

Anyway, Memorial Valley Massacre is the movie that seemingly is just about to show you breasts and never delivers.

I struggled with what movie to choose that had a military theme. I thought of Dog Soldiers, but that's the about the British Army killing werewolves. We're not supposed to remember foreign military are we? I have a movie called Combat Shock but all the reviews say it's a bleak and depressing combination of Taxi Driver and Eraserhead. So I settled on Joe Dante's Homecoming. He did direct the Gremlin movies after all.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God, I have actually seen Space Mutiny... I cant believe I have seen a crappy B movie that you guys haven't.. Although I was cheating because I saw it on MST3K.. incidently it was one of the best MST3Ks I have ever seen, so it must have been a pretty shitty movie. This is Jack of Jack and Roxanne fame by the way... I am a big fan of your guys blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was thinking about a Bad Movie Night theme where we'd watch MST3K movies without the MST3K. I have Space Mutiny and The Incredible Melting Man. TIMM was tough to track down.

    ReplyDelete