Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Haunted Toys "Я" Us

Growing up my parents always told me the Toys "Я" Us in Milwaukee was haunted. Well, it was across from a graveyard. And they referenced an episode of That's Incredible! that covered the story. Well, recently some awesome person uploaded that episode:



Turns out it was actually in Sunnyvale, California. Lies! My parents even repeated the thing about the ghost being some guy who injured himself by chopping wood.

The episode seems really fake too. I didn't think That's Incredible! would ever lie to me. Wikipedia says "The show has been cited as an influence on hip-hop culture in New Zealand" so now I don't know what to think. Sylvia Browne is in this clip and someone who doesn't like her has a site with a great logo.

4 comments:

  1. you should film the awkward, painful scene where you confront your parents about the non-haunted Kids R Us in Milwaukee, and then put that cute, talented dead cat at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that we've renamed Keyboard Cat Cute, Talented Cat. I'll post my favorite CTC so far right now. You probably already watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like emily's idea. when are you visiting your mom next?

    p.s. that was mean of your parents. is that how they responded when you begged to go to toys 'r us? no wonder you get so excited when i say we can go to the toy store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's still the possiblility that my parents really did think the That's Incredible show was about the Milwaukee store.

    Telling me the store was haunted would not have been a good way to discourage me to go there. At least in the day time. I remember I wanted to go as early as possible because then maybe the toys that the ghost played with would still be in the aisles.

    ReplyDelete