Sunday, April 12, 2009

¡Felices Pascuas!

Two years ago I had a Cuban sandwich on Easter, a sandwich I read about but never had. Turns out it's best sandwich ever and illegal in the US, just like their cigars. Today was the third year for this tradition. Normally it's ham, salami, roasted pork marinated in mojo, Swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard on Cuban bread. My version had evolved into ham, salami, bacon, mozzarella, pickles on French bread:



Then you mash it in your Griddler or similar inferior device:



Almost finished product:



This is when I add the mojo, a sauce with olive oil, garlic and lime. The only place I've found this is with Lawry's Havana Garlic with Lime marinade. I guess I could make it myself but, you know, it's hard. In fact, making this was exhausting. I really don't know how you people cook everyday. It's a pain in the ass. Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. that looks delicious.
    I'm having hot dogs and nachos tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious. Hot dogs and nachos sounds good too and not exhausting to make.

    ReplyDelete